Monday, Monday

As if you needed a reminder of what day it is....

Do you handle Mondays pretty well?  Or are you among the legions of folks who spend a good part of Sunday (evening, anyway) dreading the coming week and more specifically the first day of that week?

I'd say in my case it depends.

My job requires a team meeting every other Monday, although it's been every Monday at times, and was formerly every Friday.  I don't dread that meeting, but don't always find it that useful or enjoyable.  In past roles I was in charge of a team of people, and I, too, held Monday meetings, but tried my best to keep them relatively short and useful, mostly for the reasons I mentioned.  And I liked having them mid-morning, so that we could get them over with and get into our day.

OK, was just wondering.

My wife and I did something over the weekend that we had not done in over two years.  We had a day trip to Cincinnati for a little shopping and dining.  Things we don't have here in Lexington have always been our primary motivation and continue to be such.  The weather was not too cold and overcast for a good part of the day, so we left our coats in the car and walked a mall we like.  We didn't buy that much, but had a nice lunch and just got to be out.

Nice.

And we're looking forward to more such instances of this kind of activity.  Fingers crossed....

Also, this week our four-year-old granddaughter is going to start playing "wee ball," tee ball with other little kids just starting out.  She corrected me last week, stressing "I'm going to play BASEBALL, Poppy!"

Yes, ma'am.  My son is coaching the team and has one parent who volunteered to help, so I agreed to also help.  At that age it's more about having the kids run in the correct direction on the bases and to not have a gang chasing the ball in the field!  We have our first practice Thursday evening!

The MLB season kicks off Thursday, a season delayed by a needless lockout but that will entail 162 games, though not quite as scheduled.  The Cincinnati Reds begin the season on the road, an oddity that seems only to occur when there's a lockout or some such.  Last time that happened to start a season was 1990.  In that year the Reds won their division wire-to-wire, leading the entire season and marched through the playoffs and World Series to claim their fifth world championship.

Can history repeat itself?  Probably not, but you never know, and that's why we as fans continue to pay attention.

Play ball!




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Replacement value

Latest and greatest

They were right