Moving on

Happy Monday, everyone....hope you had a good weekend with good weather.

That's been quite a feat lately.  Here in central Kentucky, we had some unsettled weather last week and again over the weekend, with heavy thunderstorms, high winds and hail in some areas.  And here we are in the last full week of May and it's only gonna be 61 degrees today.  But climate change is a myth, they say....

Shout out to Kentucky native Justin Thomas, who scored an unlikely victory in the PGA Championship yesterday.  Thomas outlasted several other players yesterday, saving his best play for the final day, winning his second major championship (also a PGA) in a playoff with another young gun, Will Zalatoris (who also has some serious game despite some balky putting Saturday and yesterday).  Good on you, JT.

The weekend wasn't so kind to rehabbing golf legend Tiger Woods, as he had such a difficult round on Saturday in cool and wet conditions that he wisely opted to withdraw from the championship.  Here's hoping his recovery continues to progress.

I'll be convening with some friends for my first round of golf of 2022 on Memorial Day, next Monday.  The stakes won't be especially high but I will nonetheless need to go hit some balls to relearn how to do it before we play.

The Reds are making what I would generously call slow and steady progress.  Their bullpen isn't the mess it was a month ago, the players who've picked up the slack created by injury to multiple regulars have played more consistently and the offense is scoring some runs.  I just read that if the Reds can sweep the Cubs in the series they start tonight the two teams will be tied.  In last place, but at least the Reds will have equalled one of their divisional rivals.  As scarce as wins were in April, this is almost a magic trick.

I'm heading out on another business trip tomorrow but before leaving we'll be celebrating our younger grandson's birthday tonight at a restaurant of his choosing.  11 years old.  Loves hockey, video games, Marvel and Batman movies and just hanging out.  I just spotted a picture of him sitting on my lap at Disney World in the fall of 2013, tugging on my ear lobe as he did back then.  He's my buddy.

They say a gentleman never discusses his ailments, but I'm going to anyway.  I'm having cataract surgery next Thursday.  I've had one developing in my left eye for the past several years and had managed well enough, but it's starting to annoy me and cause some nuisance issues.  So looking forward to having that completed and being able to see out of both eyes, even WITH glasses!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Replacement value

Latest and greatest

They were right