3 for 3

Good pre-Halloween Friday to everyone.  Hope you're ready to trick or treat, or hand out candy, or go to a Halloween party, now that it's safer to have one of those.  I don't have a costume, at least not yet.

I just returned from getting my COVID vaccine booster.  Why did I?  Well, for one thing, this horrific nightmare scenario is not yet over.  I have been most fortunate that no one in my immediate family, extended family or circle of friends has had it with any long-lasting effects.  One such friend tested positive, suffered only a runny nose and eventually concluded that this might have been a false positive test.

Another reason is that I have underlying health issues.  I'm overweight and have some medical history that makes it essential to get as much protection from this virus as possible.  

The third is that my wife also has some existing medical circumstances, so the last thing I would want to do is bring the virus home to her without knowing it.  She, too, has received two doses and a booster.

I wear my mask when out in public, whether the place I'm visiting requires it or not.  I'm still not eating much inside restaurants as long as carry-out is a viable option.

I'm really tired of this.  As most of us are.  Those who aren't tired of these precautions at this point are the ones who've never given a damn about anyone but themselves and their claims of freedom and personal choice.

This is all crap.  The virus, the masks and the vaccines were all weaponized by certain political figures and other famous people to ensure that they all remain yet another divisive aspect of life in this country.  Social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook aren't helping.

Despite it all, I continue to be very thankful that my family is all healthy and safe and should remain so.  I hope that you are, too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Replacement value

Latest and greatest

They were right