Merry Christmas. Really!

The big day is almost upon us, so I wanted to spread a little holiday cheer in this space before that happens.  I am very appreciative of all who visit here to read what's on my mind on a given day, so thank you and I sincerely hope that you have a Merry Christmas!

I titled today's post as I did because, well, there are an awful lot of people who have not been so fortunate that they and their loved ones will have such a nice holiday.  I'm among the lucky people whose employer values the function of which I am part, and pivoted to allow me and several associates to change our working habits and continue to contribute.  I have had to take a few mandatory PTO days here and there, but I didn't technically lose a cent of my pay throughout.

I also have to say that I only have a couple of friends whose livelihood has been affected by the pandemic, one being an enterpreneur who receives fees for regularly scheduled services.  His schedule was altered so his income was as well.  But he appears to have managed to get through this reasonably well.

Likewise, my children are both still employed, as are their spouses, so that's good for them and their families.

We had a fun online visit with our daughter and her family Monday evening, lots of laughs and good stories.  We should have the opportunity to see our son and his family in a socially distanced manner tomorrow.

So I mean it.  Merry Christmas.  Really!

I wish you that and so much more!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Replacement value

Latest and greatest

They were right