58

Happy birthday to me....

Today is my 58th birthday, friends!  I don't feel all that different, of course.  Turns out that I share this birthday with Alexander the Great, the actress Diana Rigg, former Minnesota Twins great Tony Oliva, singer Kim Carnes, guitarist Carlos Santana, television personality Erica Hill, and supermodel (and wife of quarterback Tom Brady) Gisele Bundchen, among many others.

I think that this is all that we have in common, although I do know how to play the guitar a little bit....

Was chatting with a friend yesterday via text message (that's how we do it these days, you know) and in speaking of today's birthday I referenced an old Jimmy Buffett song title:  "Growing Older but Not Up."  Seems to fit my current mindset!  I'm not rebelling against my current age but also not giving in to it, either.

Think about this:  I've got a wonderful wife, two great kids (who are also married to terrific people) and five beautiful grandchildren. Why rebel?

Later there will likely be time spent with family, but today's a workday, so have to go out and do my duty.  In the rain, no less.  But as a man my age should, I accept the rain as necessary to keep my yard and plants in working condition.

As I mention to folks occasionally, I don't like very much music that has been recorded by anyone younger than I am.  That means that most all of my favorites are real relics, relatively speaking.  Doesn't bother me, as long as their music is still available to me.

So I'll be rolling down the highway later this morning, listening to the Beatles or some other ancient music and trying to make sense of it all.  Hope your day is a good one, too!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Replacement value

Latest and greatest

63 (and counting!)