Changes of scenery

It's a rainy Tuesday afternoon here in central Kentucky today.  Hope the weather is a little more agreeable wherever you're reading this.

Working my first all-office day for some time.  Somehow I thought this would be more common when I moved into yet another work-from-home position, but given staffing changes, ever-changing client expectations and, well, an endless pile of things to be done, it has not happened much.  Hopefully this is the beginning of a trend!

Yesterday I was in the hills of eastern Kentucky for a meeting in Martin.  This is a small community in Floyd County, for those keeping score, but I have client locations based there.  It's a pretty drive from Lexington to Martin and yesterday was no exception, as there are many wooded areas along the hills en route to that part of the state and many of the trees have begun to blaze into fall colors

Ironically, my wife and I spent most of three days in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains in eastern Tennessee last week, with our visit centering on the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area.  We connected with a very dear friend of mine and her grandson who were already in the area for a wedding, and the four of us spent a day touring the area by car, seeing some wonderful parts of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and some sights along the way.  We even managed an entertaining round of miniature golf and watched my friend's grandson enjoy several turns on a go-kart track.  A great trip, a great day with some wonderful folks.

Somehow I don't imagine that Mitch McConnell and Alison Lundergan Grimes will be exchanging holiday cards this year.  The two are locked in a tight battle for McConnell's U.S. Senate seat and had a contentious debate on statewide television (and C-Span, too, as I understand) last night.  No one's minds were changed, I'd wager, but McConnell's difficulty addressing certain issues shows how out of touch a career politician can become by spending 30 years in Washington and coming home only long enough to get reelected every six years.  He'll probably keep his seat, but it won't be easy for him.

I also saw where Mitt Romney's wife says that he probably won't run for President again.  I didn't even realize that he was considering it, or that anyone in the Republican party wanted him to run.

And if you're keeping count of such things, we have a little less than two months until Christmas.  Wow.

So I suppose I need to get busy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Latest and greatest

Replacement value

Something to think about