Believe it

Just about back to normal after our wonderful week at Walt Disney World.  At some point I'll stop rubbing it in....

This morning I have a hodgepodge of this and that, so bear with me....if you don't like one item, hopefully you will like the next one a little more.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED that McDonald's has elected to stop serving Heinz ketchup, since a former Burger King executive is now running Heinz.  I mean, really, if they're worried about corporate espionage, there are scores of hourly workers who have worked for one and then went to the other.  Seriously, though, this is one more thing against Mickey D's fries....first, they changed the formula of oil they're fried in (used to be a mix of vegetable oil and BEEF FAT), now they're going to let us slather them with an inferior brand of ketchup (or catsup, even).

Speaking of Burger King, I'm surprised they haven't changed the name of this establishment....have you walked into one of these places lately?  In addition to burgers, they have numerous varieties of chicken sandwiches, fish sandwiches, chicken tenders and even seasonable items like pork barbecue sandwiches.  And coffee drinks, desserts, etc.  Hardee's, too (east of the Mississippi, west it's Carl's Jr., I think), has an expansive menu that doesn't seem to specialize in anything.

If you follow me on Twitter (and you couple dozen folks know who you are, but if you'd like to follow me, I'm @richardlexsmith) you saw my comments about Harry Connick, Jr.'s performance of the Star Spangled Banner at last night's World Series game.  Did a good job.  Unfortunately, James Taylor, one of my favorite singers, got a little confused on the lyrics in Boston last week while attempting the same.  I suppose it happens.

Are you planning to run out on 11/1 and buy a new Apple product?  There are a bunch!  For my part, I was fortunate enough to update my Mac with the new operating system, named "Mavericks," as well as a couple of Apple productivity applications.  All free of charge.  Nice move by Apple to enhance the user experience.  And the new iPad appears to be a nice improvement, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with my third generation device.

Finally, the Cincinnati Reds named their pitching coach of the last four years, Bryan Price, as their new manager, the 61st in team history.  I had announced my candidacy, but to no avail.  So I'm holding out to be baseball commissioner.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Replacement value

Latest and greatest

63 (and counting!)