A week no one wants to repeat

Greetings from yet another airport waiting for yet another flight, blah, blah, blah.  Hell, I'm as tired of writing that as you are of reading it, no doubt.

But more importantly, I know that most everyone's thoughts are with those affected by the horrific events in Boston and West, Texas last week.  I am fortunate that no one I know even indirectly was involved with either calamity, and I hope that it's the same for you.  But everyone who was affected knows someone, is related to someone, and I suppose you just have to hope that everyone's coping as well as possible.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled inanity....

I'm still somewhat on the fence about Netflix.  We're paying for it now, so I'm into this for at least one monthly fee.  And we've found some stuff to watch, but I think I'm finding more than my wife is, at least so far.  Doesn't do her much good, but we'll keep it in place for now.

We're also debating the wisdom of putting a TV back in our bedroom where there has not been one for some time.  Sold the last one (a real piece of junk) on Craigslist, and hadn't missed it, but when I'm home and the Reds are playing a long game (rain delay, extra innings, etc.) it's nice to be able to finish the game while lying in bed.  Complicating matters is that we would also need either a mount or furniture for a television, so it looks like we still have some thinking to do.  Suggestions welcome.

One thing I do love when I travel is to find free wi-fi.  The airport where I'm waiting has it, but they really want you to opt for their deluxe service, which, of course, is accompanied by a fee.  No thanks.  So I'm connected on some unnamed signal.   Not going to do any shopping or banking this way, of course, but it works for most of the stuff I'll do while I'm cooling my heels.

That's actually a pet peeve....the busiest airports (Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit) seem to be the ones who refuse to offer any kind of free service.  A tip:  locate near an airline club room, there's usually a good signal to be had from just outside!

I could go on (anyone who knows me is fully aware of that), but I think I'll close now.  Gotta catch (another) plane....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Replacement value

Latest and greatest

63 (and counting!)