Thinking too much

I'm on vacation from my job this week, but since I'm enjoying a "staycation," I have a few things I wanted to send into the ether for everyone to ponder:

I think Tony LaRussa is a slimeball.  To pass over two obviously deserving members of my Cincinnati Reds simply because he CAN is, well, not at all unexpected.  And from what I just read, I think one of the snubs, Reds' pitching ace Johnny Cueto, will file a grievance, as the reason LaRussa stated for not choosing Cueto is a violation of the collective bargaining agreement between Major League Baseball and their players' association.  Worth noting that LaRussa is now an EMPLOYEE of the MLB hierarchy. Hmmm....

I think "Brave" will be Pixar's latest hit film for Disney.  That makes something like 13 in a row.  I took my granddaughter yesterday afternoon and have been muttering in a Scottish burr ever since.  Oh, and I noticed that the movie theater where we saw this is already selling tickets for "The Dark Knight Rises," the final installment in Christopher Nolan's brilliant Batman opus.  It opens on my birthday, so you can just about guess where I'll be on that evening or the following day.

I think that no one is surprised by the announcement that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting a divorce.  One day, she woke up and was just too old for him.  Wait, that's a line from a movie, isn't it?

I think it's funny how so many prominent Republicans and conservative pundits keep saying "it's not over" regarding the Affordable Care Act, the official name of the health care reform law that was passed by Congress and signed by President Obama a while back.  Let's see....there was a vote in each house of Congress, and it passed.  It was signed into law.  Then a group of state attorneys general decided to challenge the constitutionality of the law.  The Supreme Court heard arguments and rendered a decision.  So what's left, exactly, besides Rush Limbaugh moving to Costa Rica as promised?

I think I was already tired of hot weather, but when a storm knocked out power to our home last night, forcing us to open windows and sweat in the heat and humidity until around 4:00 AM today, I KNOW that I'm tired of it.

I think that the "lifetime warranty" that covers my four year old suitcase is a bit of a sham, as it is again damaged, and the manufacturer (Briggs and Riley) is only interesting in repairing this thing for the fourth time, with the shipping to have been paid by yours truly.  I attempted to persuade these nice folks to honor their warranty and send me a new case, but, no, I got a return authorization instead.  Decided to take it to a local craftsman who worked on my briefcase recently (another instance where the manufacturer's warranty was absolutely worthless), paid the equivalent of shipping my bag one way, and the work should be better than anything Briggs and Riley did when they made the bag or the last three times they repaired it.

And I think that's about all I have today.  Enjoy the heat!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something to think about

Fear

Latest and greatest