Just passing through

On my way home after a successful trip to Richmond, Virginia this week.  Had to postpone this trek due to, what else, a respiratory infection.  Seems there's a lot of that going around in my home area, and I'm sure the volatile weather has a little to do with it.  It's predicted to be 80 degrees here in Richmond today.  Today.  February 24.  WINTER.

Are you planning to watch the Oscars Sunday night?  I probably will for a while, if only to see Billy Crystal do his thing. Older folks talk about Bob Hope and Johnny Carson (who I admit was good) but no other host has the whole package like Billy always has.  And it's not like his career is that demanding these days.....

I don't follow professional basketball, even though now there are numerous former Kentucky college players in the NBA.  But this story of Jeremy Lin has been somewhat interesting.  How so many "experts" missed out on him is pretty amazing.

Speaking of Kentucky basketball, more and more folks who know I'm from the Commonwealth ask me if our team can be beaten.  The answer, of course, is "yes," although no one has managed the feat since last December.  Would be nice if that continues and the Cats can hoist another championship banner.  One of my best friends is the radio voice of the Wildcats, and I know how happy he was to call a Final Four game last year.  But to call a game that won Kentucky the national championship would be even better, I would think.

And Kentucky's women's team has bounced back after a late-season swoon, and they're back in good form, so the collegiate basketball post-season could be pretty interesting indeed for Kentuckians!

But the real story is that spring training has begun, the Reds (and the other major league teams, of course) have begun getting into baseball shape (whatever that actually is).  I know this because my son and I had a conversation last night about Reds tickets, the surest sign that the season is coming fast!

Did you watch the latest Republican presidential candidates' debate Wednesday night?  With all of the problems facing this country, how in the world they spent any time discussing contraception, earmarks and other non sequiturs is completely beyond me.

I don't mention this very often, but I absolutely love my Macbook Air.  Very lightweight and a seriously long-lasting battery, too.  I'm an Apple fan (just brought my wife into the fold with an iPhone) and don't mind giving that company a shout-out.  In fact, if anyone at Apple is reading this, I'd love an iMac to use at home.  Anyone?

Enough begging.  Gotta catch a plane shortly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Replacement value

Latest and greatest

Thankful every day