Randomness

No coherent theme for today's post (honestly, is there ever, really, ONE theme for this thing?).  So I'll scatter some thoughts in no particular order.

Herman Cain, we hardly knew ye.  But, then, I'm a man.

President Obama was asked by a reporter about whether the White House has or had a policy of appeasement with regard to terrorists and potential enemies abroad.  Paraphrasing, his response was something along the lines of "You'd need to ask Osama bin Ladin."  Well done, sir.

Thank you, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, for signing Albert Pujols of the St. Louis Cardinals to a ten year contract worth as much as the GNP of many countries.  My Cincinnati Reds automatically surge to the "contender" list in the National League Central Division as a result.  I don't have the precise statistics handy to add, but I saw Pujols' length-of-career stats against the Reds for his 11 year tenure with the Cardinals.  During that eleven years Albert played roughly one full season's worth of games against the Reds, and his offensive numbers were astounding---something like 46 home runs, over 100 runs batted in, and a very high batting average.  Reds fans who are lamenting the team's inability to make a deal for a new player are probably also celebrating Pujols' departure from the Cardinals, from the Reds' division and the Reds' league.

Permit me to brag briefly...we're finished with Christmas shopping except for a couple of small items for our grandchildren, and have already mailed our Christmas cards, too.  But thanks to my crushing business travel schedule over the past few weeks, we didn't go to Cincinnati, as we customarily do, for our shopping this year.  Suppose the merchants of Hamilton County got along without us somehow....

I visited Long John Silver's for a meal yesterday, for the first time in a LONG time.  I hadn't been in some time because, frankly, each time I went I became ill afterward from the excessive greasiness of their food.  Last night's fare was fresh, prepared and served quickly, tasty and prompted no ill effects afterward.  So they seem to be on their game again after a few years in the fast food wilderness.  Now, if Wendy's could get its act back together.....

Somewhere along the line I began exploring Pandora Radio as a potential (FREE) replacement to the satellite radio I use in my home office.  I liked the programming choices available (the system asks you to name artists that you like and assembles programming based on your expressed preferences) but until I can figure our how to stream that wirelessly from my Macbook Air to my desktop speaker dock, it's not worth the change.  Although I wouldn't mind saving what I currently spend on that satellite radio.

Speaking of which, I'm running out of things to sell on Craigslist, so if you know of anything that's selling well that I have an extra one of, please let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Replacement value

Latest and greatest

63 (and counting!)