Another gadget

I bought an iPad last weekend.

There, I said it....I've done my bit to stimulate the economy and get my jollies, all at once. The worst part was that I bought it Friday night during the annual Christmas shopping trip my wife and I make to Cincinnati, and it never occurred to me that I would need a computer in order to activate the damned thing. I did, so it sat tempting me until I got it home Sunday afternoon. It is SO slick, I simply cannot tell you. In fact, I'm writing this post on it.

Thought briefly that this little guy could replace my laptop when I travel, but alas, no such luck. While I am fortunate enough to be able to use my Mac for work (good thing, since my company issued computer is circa 2003 and looks/feels it), I was unable to get past my employer's restriction on company e-mail on a personally-owned portable device.

That's the rub...it's as though this thing is an overgrown cellphone, given that limitaton. Far more than that, obviously, but it's kind of cool to have something that defies description.

Having a bit of trouble finding a case I like, and there's the matter of typing on a glass surface virtual keyboard, but here I am, getting a real bang out of this.

Grown men shouldn't have this much fun playing with inanimate objects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Latest and greatest

Replacement value

63 (and counting!)