A truly growing family!

Just wanted to provide those who pay attention with a quick update....we welcomed another family member overnight on Tuesday, as our daughter delivered a handsome baby boy! Mother and son are doing very well and were already home as of yesterday afternoon.

That, coupled with our now-two-week-and-one-day-old granddaughter, has made these last two weeks very special and VERY memorable! Gram heads out for field support in our daughter's locale and I'll follow about a week later (couldn't get out of a mandatory work meeting). Planning to continue spoiling all of them ABSOLUTELY ROTTEN!

Twizzlers and Mountain Dew can't be far behind..........just kidding. But I love what I've heard from other dedicated grandparents...the best part is giving the kids anything they want, then handing them back over to the actual parents. Very liberating, I think. We're already well into "spoil" mode with our granddaughter, who is so excited to see my wife (and eventually me) that she's been using a paper chain to mark how many days she'll have to wait!

Have yourself a safe and happy Halloween. I'm already in costume, as I'm dressed like a middle-aged guy. Pretty easy costume to put together, too.

Comments

  1. Congratulations again Rick! You and Gram's cup runneth over this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Something to think about

Fear

Thankful every day