One-liners

I was traveling back from a couple of days of business meetings in North Carolina earlier this week and thought it might be a nice exercise in discipline (the first time I've used that word in the history of this blog, to my recollection) to write a few of my infamous observations as one-sentence comments.  So let's see if I can do this (and, no, they won't be interminable run-on sentences, either, smarty).

Thanks for playing, Rick Perry, and good luck winning reelection as governor of Texas, now that you've shown everyone that your memory is about THIS long.

The coronation of Mitt Romney as this year's Republican nominee will be about as long as John McCain's march to that status four years ago, but the hardcore Republicans won't like him any better if this happens quickly.

Stephen Colbert for President.

Is anyone surprised that Tiger Woods' former swing coach is writing a tell-all book about their time together, or that Tiger himself is disappointed by this?

Rob Lowe has thrown all caution to the wind and is playing Drew Peterson in a TV movie, and in the same week that the promos for that movie started he also tweeted that Peyton Manning will retire from football.

Wouldn't it be funny if it turns out Eli Manning wins more Super Bowls than his big brother Peyton?

I thought the Packers couldn't lose, except to Kansas City.

I think we should all leave Joe Paterno alone.

I also think Alabama proved recently that they could probably beat about 40% of the teams that played in the NFL this year, and could have probably won one or two of the divisions as they finished.

Al Davis is dead, but that didn't stop the Oakland Raiders from firing their head coach after a single year.

The Cincinnati Reds have been busy remaking their franchise with some valuable pieces, and should be awfully competitive in 2012.

The St. Louis Cardinals visited the White House this week, but neither departed slugger Albert Pujols nor retired manager Tony LaRussa made the trip, as I suppose both felt they shouldn't go.

There are a lot of funny people who are on Twitter whom I don't even know, but I enjoy what they write all the same.

Speaking of Twitter, I get a lot of strange people telling me that they're now "following" me.

And, repeating something I tweeted earlier in the week, there's only one thing worse than a bad cold, and that's having to take a business trip while suffering with a bad cold.

And that's all I have to say about all of that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Replacement value

They were right

Latest and greatest