I know

Happy Friday, everyone!  After what I hope was a short week for you last week, these five day weeks seem SOOOOOO long…..

I think I mentioned in this space at some point in the past that I have had a lot of fun portraying myself to my grandchildren as the Knower of All Things.  A couple of them dispute this openly, and try to beat me with researched questions and the like.  It’s all in good fun for all of us.

Kidding aside, though, I was driving (as per usual) this week and began to think of a list of things that I am pretty sure that I DO know.  Here goes….

People who persist in speakerphone conversations in public places need to be taken directly to a store where they can buy a pair of earbuds or headphones that they can use to preserve the quiet where they are the only ones making noise.

The people who hurriedly cross multiple lanes of traffic to make it to an offramp on a limited access highway are simply not very good planners.

When asked “is it hot enough for ya?”  I simply nod.  That’s all that’s necessary.

Legalized gambling may not be the ruin of professional and collegiate sports, but it has certainly changed things.  And none of the commercials make me want to place a single bet.  On the rare occasions when I visit a horse racetrack I NEVER place a bet….the worst type of customer for those venues to host!

Music that is currently popular is rarely very good.  I’m listening to the Beatles right now.  No one who knows me is surprised to read that.

We don’t go out to movies anymore, but honestly, what’s the last good new movie you’ve seen?  For us is has to be “Dune: Part Two.”

The monthly fees I pay for TV and internet service is obscene, but the alternatives I’ve explored are worse.

It’s clear to me that our country does not place much value on public servants who are decent people and not beholden to less savory elements of society.  How else to explain our current situation regarding the presidential campaign?

A former president hosting a dictator at his Florida beach club is NOT the equivalent of the sitting president hosting the 75th annual NATO summit.

COVID is still out there, you know.  And you know what to do, if you have not already.

So what do YOU know?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An unexpected return trip to see the Colonel

They were right