So much to say

Good afternoon, friends.  Hope that you had the opportunity to spend time with your dad yesterday, or to at least think of your dad fondly.  I am lucky to have kids and grandkids who love to celebrate me, let alone tolerate me!

Wow, is there a lot going on or what?  I haven't checked in recently, having written my last post during our vacation to Colorado (and Kansas and Nebraska).  Work has been correspondingly busy but I've had the pleasure to recently meet and become acquainted with some great folks who work in the same space I do.  Always such a plus to have partners to help when needed for the population we all serve!

I am a proud graduate of the University of Kentucky so let me state here that UK is in the College World Series for the first time EVER this week!  The team showed its resilience again last Saturday by coming from behind twice and beating North Carolina State 4-3 in 10 innings.  They play again tonight against Texas A&M.  Go Big Blue---we're a baseball school now!

My Cincinnati Reds have been on a bit of a tear lately, although their momentum was slowed by losing two of three to the division-leading Milwaukee Brewers over the weekend (more about that midwestern city later).  The one game the Reds won during that series was strange in a lot of ways, including the Reds' commission of FIVE errors.  But somehow they eked out the win.  The other two games were just losses, although the Reds were close at the end of yesterday's game.  So the fight continues, hopefully they can resume the momentum they had gained coming into last weekend.

The men's U.S. Open was played at Pinehurst in North Carolina over the weekend, and was won by a guy who decided to take the money from the Saudis when it was dangled.  He's lucky he and his fellow LIV tour members even get to play in this event, as well as the Masters, PGA and Open Championships.  Rory McElroy, who has been a staunch defender of the PGA Tour, was in position to win but uncharacteristically missed two relatively short putts and finished runner up.  The Open Championship (also known as the British Open) will be played over my birthday weekend next month.

On that subject, I've taken to telling friends and business colleagues that I will celebrate my "Paul McCartney" birthday--I'll be 64 in July.  I'll gladly explain the reference if you like!

On the political front things are heating up.  The former President continues to spell out in painfully specific detail how awful things could be if he regains the White House, despite his legal losses piling up in the background.  He and President Biden are due to debate (without studio audiences or help from surrogates or even notes and with microphones that will be muted when a candidate is not speaking on the clock) later this month.  And the gloves are coming off, as the Biden team is running ads in quite a few states pointing out the specifics of the former President's legal and moral issues.  Ahem.

Finally, it's going to be in the 90s every day this week in Kentucky, central Indiana and Ohio this week.  After all, it IS mid-June!

Have a good week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An unexpected return trip to see the Colonel

They were right

I know