Now that I've finally completed a start-and-stop project for work I have a little time to post here and regale you with what's been happening on my end of the connection. The answer, simply, is "not much." But what will be happening next week should be something great.....I return from a business trip and about twenty minutes after my plane lands in Louisville (not my home airport of Lexington) our daughter and her family should also arrive, and I'll be bringing them back home with me for a visit that will last through July 5! And we're going to have a huge DOUBLE baptism on July 3, so we should have a lot of fun with the little ones here (oh, and their parents, too). Can't wait to see our Kentucky granddaughter and our Colorado grandson crawling all over the place! But we have lots and lots of work to do to prepare, since I have to leave on that business trip on Monday. Shopping, cleaning (carpets cleaned Wednesday, and just in the nick of time!)...
....and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it. I'm talking about my 50th birthday, which will occur next Tuesday. Ironically, I'll be on a plane to Charlotte that morning, as I have business there that day and in Columbia, SC the following day. Great way to celebrate. But I'm not depressed, at least I don't think I am. Mostly, I'm grateful to still be here, after a major heart attack at 32 and a coronary bypass at 34. I'm grateful to have a family who loves me and tolerates me, in that order most of the time! And I'm most grateful to my wife of now 24 years (I must remember to change my profile), for being there always. And like so many people, my first 50 years have been marked with challenges, triumphs and setbacks, but I wouldn't trade any of it. Well, I might trade the last few days, when I've been slowed by what I think was a case of food poisoning that is still hanging on four days on. Just about out of the woods, so to spea...
Good morning, friends. Hope you’re having a stellar weekend and that the weather is good where you are! I can say that after a good stretch of rain that we’re having that good weather I mentioned. Breezy with low humidity. Could not ask for better. Today’s title refers to what is happening regarding a prospectively large event in our nation’s capital sometime in June. It’s nominally a celebration of our country’s 250th anniversary, but it’s also meant as a birthday celebration of the current occupant of the White House. A number of musical performers were apparently booked for this extravaganza, but one by one most of them realized what the intent of the event was and decided to rescind their acceptance of the invite to perform. Unless I’m missing something, none of those who pulled out in the past few days is what I would call an A-lister but there were some recognizable names in that list. In the end, all decided they did not want to be associated with an...
Comments
Post a Comment